Thursday September 21st, 2023

Association Administrator
Commercial Property Group
1856 Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, 80487

Phone: 1.970.879.1402
Fax: 1.970.879.7777



click here for printer friendly version

Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
July 14, 2011

A regular meeting of the board of directors of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was held on July 14, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. in the Board Room of The Commercial Property Group, LLC at 3001 S. Lincoln, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Board Members: H.C. Pace
Mindy Williams
Tim DePuy

Guests: Medora Fralick
Paul Orzech

The meeting was called to order at 8:30 a.m. The above mentioned board members and Paul Orzech and Medora Fralick were present.

Under Road report, Tim asked about scoria clean up and crack sealing. The scoria clean up is complete and the crack sealing is scheduled and will be done. David Zedeck will follow up on the need to fix the mud slide across from the Pietig lot.

Medora will contact Scott Blair about not using spray paint and to have the road cleaned off.

A request from Triathlon will be dealt with by Medora through email.

Under the ARC report, Mindy Williams reported nothing new on ARC. Medora is to follow up on certificate of occupancy for Redgraves. The summer party has 22 people coming so far. An email reminder to those we have emails for and snail mail to the rest that have not responded. Those that have responded will not be contacted.

Under Financials, Tim reviewed the information. Reasons were discussed why the association was behind in the budget. Main item is the water system improvements which were not initially capitalized.

Tim made a motion to transfer cost of the capital improvements from operations to capital and it was seconded by H.C. Pace. The motion was approved unanimously.

Under Water, H.C. presented the information on the Annual Drinking Water Report. This information will be posted on the website.

The next item discussed was the Online Directory. This will be updated with the summer picnic reminder.

Three owners on Sugar Ridge Road will be contacted and told that the road sign is up for emergency access. The Board will not take any action on removal of the stone columns. If they want to take the columns down, it will be up to the owners.

Guest Paul Orzech was given the floor. Paul stated that his water meter is faulty. He objected to the bill from the 3rd quarter of last year. He requested that the $2,500 surcharge be waived and also get a refund. The written request is attached with these minutes for the record. H. C. pointed out that the variances are shocking however; H.C. does not accept the word “penalty”. It is a surcharge. H.C. stated that DRHOA is unlike municipalities, the water meter is yours, not the associations. Medora will look at the prior billings before they purchased the house in June of 2010. H. C. asked if the Board agreed to the refund and if Paul would accept it as a credit. Paul agreed.

The meeting moved on to the Water System Breaks. There were four breaks in the past 3 weeks. Jim Chubrillo joined the group to discuss responses. Tim wants to discuss the emergency response.

H. C. stated that going forward we need to look at and to try to eliminate water breaks. One plan is if and when there is a water break: how to bring our system back on line safely and two: put in place over several years water system line replacement.

Medora was asked that robo calls be standardized for responses to water breaks.

In continuation of the above discussion: Three – Have Mary Andre map the three sewer crossings and get them to Ed MacArthur at Native Excavating. Get the information and flag the crossing. Undeveloped lots need to be marked if leach field is off site. Procedures for turning the water system back on and sanitizing the pipes are needed.

A Water Sub-Committee was formed of Tim DePuy, Tim Gibbons, Ed MacArthur, Jim Chubrillo, Mary Andre and Medora Fralick.
Objectives of the sub-committee
• Update mapping
• Current procedures vs. what we should do
• Communications

The meeting was adjourned at 9:45 a.m.

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 8th at 8:30 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,
Medora Fralick
Secretary for the meeting
Web site designed by Steamboat Pilot & Today and Steamboat Web Design