Monday June 17th, 2024

 
Association Administrator
Commercial Property Group
1856 Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, 80487

Phone: 1.970.879.1402
Fax: 1.970.879.7777
E-Mail: info@drhoa.org
 

 

...


click here for printer friendly version

Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association
Meeting Minutes
July 9, 2009

A meeting of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was held on July 9, 2009 at 12:00 p.m. in the Board Room of The Commercial Property Group, LLC at 3001 S. Lincoln, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Board Members: Tomas Stone
Diane Pietig
Tim DePuy
Brent Langevin

Guests: Stephanie McDonald
Medora Fralick
Anne Lowe

The meeting of the Board of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was called to order at 12:00 p.m.

The first order of business was the Financials. Medora Fralick presented the Financial Report. She noted the legal fee line item amount is due to the filing of water rights by the association. The Association is also $9,000 to the good at this time.

The next item of business was the Water Report. Lot 74 will have their line re-laid at the expense of the owner. There was repair to the PRV between Lots 23 and 24.

The next item of business was the Road Report. Medora noted that the final inspection of the road project was done last Wednesday, with Board member Brent Langevin in attendance. Connell Resources will re-roll uneven patches and other places as noted on the inspection.

After discussion, a motion was made by Thomas Stone for approval of payment to Connell Resources the amount of $400,000.00 as per the contract and was seconded by Tim DePuy. The motion was approved unanimously.

Medora stated that she has contacted Millennium Bank to start the loan process for the amount of $170,000.00. The owners that have not opted to pay the upfront amount for the road project will be billed on a quarterly basis. A notice will be sent out to these owners with the first invoice and all following invoices will be included with the water bill invoices.

The next item on the agenda was the ARC report. Diane stated that the ARC has not met since the last board meeting. Under the agenda item Medora informed the Board that the owners of Lot 12 have asked for a personal meeting to be held on July 27th at 9:00 a.m. to discuss an extension of their project and waiver of the fine for failing to complete construction within the six month extension previously granted by the Board, in conformance with the terms of the extension. Thomas will be in attendance representing the DRHOA Board and Diane Pietig will be in attendance representing the ARC. Medora informed the Board that the position of the owners of Lot 12 is that they did not agree to the May deadline and that this date was the architect’s timeline for the finish date. All correspondence with the owner and architect is on file. The owner has asked for a due date extension of the fine until the meeting on July 27th including withdrawing the fine until the meeting has occurred. After discussion, the Board agreed to respectfully decline to take any further action on the fine and it will stay in place.

Also under ARC business, the ARC has not met to look over responses received for changes to the covenants. The ARC will meet at a later date to discuss the responses and implement changes. A vote ballot will be sent out to the membership in the fall of this year.

Under Other Business, a complaint was received concerning stored signs on a lot in the neighborhood. Thomas drove by this property and the signs have been removed.


Anne Lowe, a lot owner in Dakota Ridge joined the meeting to discuss a letter she and her husband submitted previously concerning Lot 60. She informed the Board her concerns over the use of Rosetta stone for the retaining walls, replacement of native vegetation due to the excavation, requested planting of 20 to 30 foot tall spruce trees between her lot and lot 60 and the need for the ARC to pay close attention to the pending landscaping plans for lot 60. Diane addressed her concerns over the approval of the submitted plans as reviewed and discussed in a previous meeting with the owner of Lot 60. Anne expressed her concern over the stability of the retaining walls as engineered. The Board asked Medora to contact the ARC architectural consultant for advice on this part of the building project. The Board agreed that the landscaping plan will be carefully reviewed when submitted and that the owner has already been asked for natural re-vegetation of the excavated area.

The next meeting is meeting on August 13, 2009 at 12:00 p.m. at the Board Room of The Commercial Property Group, LLC

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,
Stephanie McDonald
Secretary for the meeting
Web site designed by Steamboat Pilot & Today and Steamboat Web Design