Friday September 22nd, 2023

 
Association Administrator
Commercial Property Group
1856 Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, 80487

Phone: 1.970.879.1402
Fax: 1.970.879.7777
E-Mail: info@drhoa.org
 

 

...


click here for printer friendly version

Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association
Meeting Minutes
June 21, 2007

A meeting of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was held on June 21, 2007 at 1:00 p.m. in the Board Room of The Commercial Property Group, LLC at 3001 S. Lincoln, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Board Members: Diane Pietig
Tomas Stone (by phone)
David Zedeck
Tim DePuy
Brent Langevin



Guests: Medora Fralick Stephanie McDonald

The meeting of the Board of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was called to order at 1:00 p.m.


Financials
Medora Fralick of The Commercial Property Group, LLC presented the Financials through May of 2007. A copy is included with these minutes for the record. The accounts receivable total has gone down substantially and all unpaid accounts have been re-billed. Tomas Stone, Treasurer, noted that some of the brokered CDís are maturing soon and that the Board should consider how to best reinvest the monies. He suggested that money not expected to be needed in the near term should be invested in 12 month or shorter duration CDs rather than remaining in the Wells Fargo money market account for a better return. After discussion, the Board agreed to have Nancy Kounovsky of The Commercial Property Group, LLC prepare a cash flow forecast for the next 90 days to better determine what amount should go into a longer term CD and be reviewed by the Board. The Board also agreed to keep the CDís maturing on a staggered schedule.

Roads
Damage done to the road near the Maxwell lot in Dakota Ridge will be repaired by the excavation company responsible for the damage due to construction.

ARC
Diane Pietig gave the ARC update. There will be an ARC meeting on Monday, June 25th. Three projects are in process at this time and all plans have gone through the architectsí review with no problems.
Medora also noted that she will meet with the Associationís architect next week concerning their review of the DRHOA guidelines and needed updates or revisions. Tim DePuy asked that the Board be given an outline from the architect of additions and changes for the Board information and review.



Water Update
Tim DePuy provided a handout for the Water Meter Recertification Program. It is a preliminary draft for the Boardís review and is included with these minutes for the record. The program was proposed in order to ensure that all lots have properly functioning meters and that the meters are totaling what water is actually being used. After review and discussion the Board asked that if a meter is not recertified within the proposed time period the fine is in addition to the quarterly water bill and that the recertification be done every five years, not four years. Tim will update the proposal with the Boardís recommendations and present a final proposal at next monthís meeting.

Other
A project bid was received on the radio control system for the water tank and pump house. A copy is included with these minutes for the record. This system would allow communication between the pump house and tank to detect any failures or problems and would then be relayed to the Water Operation Manager. This system was recommended by Civil Design Consultants to tie the system together as a final link. After discussion, the Board agreed that due to the cost, good performance of water system for the past year and the fact that other issues with greater priority need to be resolved at this time, they will not need this system now and will revisit the matter at a later time.

Medora will meet an employee from the State Forest Service next week to do a drive by evaluation of the health of the trees in the Dakota Ridge subdivision. They will look for any glaring problems and make recommendations to the Board at the next meeting.

Native Excavating will be hooking up the water tap for Lot 74. This lot was incorporated into the subdivision and the previous agreement was for the DRHOA to pay for the water tap to the property line. The Board was in agreement with this.

A cluster mailbox was proposed to the Board by a DRHOA member. Medora will research the details further and report back to the Board.

Tim has been in contact with a Ferrell Gas representative and stated that the contract for a set gas rate expires the end of June. Tim will get a more concrete number within a week and information will be provided to the Association. This is strictly on a volunteer basis for each home owner. David would like to ask the gas company contact the Association each year to negotiate the price.

Diane asked for update on the review of the current covenants and declarations of the DRHOA.
A concerned lot owner asked that the Board contact the Association members to note the danger of fireworks in the neighborhood especially with the 4th of July holiday approaching. A recorded phone call will be sent out to the Association.



The next monthly meeting is July 12, 2007 at 1:00 p.m.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,


Stephanie McDonald
Secretary for the meeting

Web site designed by Steamboat Pilot & Today and Steamboat Web Design