Sunday June 16th, 2024

 
Association Administrator
Commercial Property Group
1856 Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, 80487

Phone: 1.970.879.1402
Fax: 1.970.879.7777
E-Mail: info@drhoa.org
 

 

...


click here for printer friendly version

Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association
Meeting Minutes
November 8, 2006

A meeting of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was held on November 8, 2006 at 9:00 a.m. in the Board Room of The Commercial Property Group, LLC at 3001 S. Lincoln, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Board Members: Diane Pietig
David Zedeck
Tim DePuy
Jim Nichols (by phone)

Guests: Medora Fralick
Stephanie McDonald

The meeting of the Board of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was called to order at 9:00 a.m.


Financials

The first item on the agenda was Financials. A copy is included with these minutes for the record. Medora pointed out that the billing for water is substantially higher this quarter due to the new water rate being implemented. Twenty thousand more dollars will be generated than budgeted for this quarter. The water system will not be operating at a loss.
Tim DePuy asked that the Financials presented at the next meeting include comparing the current quarter of this year compared to the same quarter of the previous year.

Roads

There is not new information to report on the roads. A bill is still pending from Native Excavating for the paving project recently completed.

ARC Update

Diane Pietig gave the ARC update. She reported that no new request have been received by the committee since the last meeting
Hoffman – This project has started.
Bashan – This project has been approved, but not started yet.
Williams – The exterior is almost finished and they have not gone over the 18 month remodel time limit.
Valicenti – Both projects for this owner have been finished. An inspection has not been called for yet.
Ski Town Ventures – This project is in progress.
Rasa – The remodeling plans have been approved, but have not been started.
Peterson – Landscaping is still in progress.


Water Update

Medora has received a water study report. She informed the Board that Doug Bradfield from Civil Design Consultants will review the report and give his recommendations to the Board at a later date. She also noted that two potential leaks have been found. Doug will be updating the water gallon leakage estimate, along with making recommendations regarding the two pipeline leaks to be repaired, and this revised leakage estimate will be used as a “baseline” to measure anticipated improvements in the leak-avoidance once the repairs are completed.

Tim made a motion that if Doug Bradfield after reviewing the water study report recommends that the leaks be fixed, that they be fixed as soon as possible before the weather is too prohibitive. The motion was seconded by Diane. The motion was approved unanimously.

Doug will be updating the water gallon leakage estimate, along with making recommendations regarding the two pipeline leaks to be repaired, and this revised leakage estimate will be used as a “baseline” to measure anticipated improvements in the leak-avoidance once the repairs are completed.
The Board also would like to invite Doug to the next meeting for an update on his review of the water study report.


Capital Plan for Roads/Water

Medora will provide a bid for chip and seal of the roads at the next meeting. After discussion, the Board tabled the item until hearing back from Doug of CDC on the water study. Medora stated that CDC also has expertise in various horizontal infrastructures, including roads. She suggested that Doug might also address the road repair issue at the next meeting.

Tim made a motion to engage Doug for a proposal to survey roads for repair in order to determine a long term capital plan for water and/or road repair. The motion was seconded by Diane. The motion was approved unanimously.

Other

A couple of requests have been received asking for an elk statue for one property and a gondola for another property to be approved to be placed on the particular lots. The Board concurred that they would turn the matters over to the ARC for review once the owners have submitted it to the ARC.

Andy Brown, Lot 65, submitted a letter to the Board which is included with these minutes for the record asking the Board to rescind their decision on the landscaping at the North entrance. After discussion, the Board decided to ask Landscape Architect, Mike Campbell, look at the entrance and give a proposal of a conservation-minded option for the entrance. The Board’s decision on capping the line to the entrance stands.

The well permit for Lot 74 has been received. As per the DRHOA amendments, it is the responsibility of the Association to provide the curb stop to the lot, which is not currently in place. An estimate will be obtained from Native Excavating for the next meeting.

David Zedeck proposed that the Association be represented by an attorney that is not living or owning a lot within the Dakota Ridge community to avoid any future conflicts that may arise. Tim noted that because of the small community, there may conflicts with other local attorneys anyway. The Board asked Medora to make inquiries for interest of attorneys in representing DRHOA and present the names along with fee sheets at the next meeting. Tim asked to try to talk to attorneys that re-write HOA covenants also.

The next meeting is December 14, 2006 at 1:00 p.m.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,


Stephanie McDonald
Secretary for the meeting

Web site designed by Steamboat Pilot & Today and Steamboat Web Design