Monday June 17th, 2024

 
Association Administrator
Commercial Property Group
1856 Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, 80487

Phone: 1.970.879.1402
Fax: 1.970.879.7777
E-Mail: info@drhoa.org
 

 

...


click here for printer friendly version

Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association
Meeting Minutes
October 11, 2006

A meeting of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was held on October 11, 2006 at 9:00 a.m. in the Board Room of The Commercial Property Group, LLC at 3001 S. Lincoln, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Board Members: Diane Pietig
David Zedeck
Tim DePuy


Guests: Doug Bradfield
Medora Fralick Stephanie McDonald

The meeting of the Board of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was called to order at 9:00 a.m.


Roads

Medora informed the Board that Native Excavating is finishing up the last phase of road work on Trail Ridge Road.
David Zedeck reported that he signed the contract for Native Excavating to do the snowplowing for the coming winter. The 2005/2006 rates were extended through 12/31/06.

ARC Update
Diane gave the update from the ARC.
The ARC met September 26, 2006.

Valicenti – The detached structure housing mechanical equipment has been landscaped and approved.

WB Real Estate, LLC – Lot 20- New construction has been approved with the usual contingencies.

Rasa – The new lighting plan for the bridge was approved as submitted and the detached structure or utility enclosure was also approved.

Peterson – The structure for noise reduction/landscaping in coordination with their neighbors was approved. The temporary culvert will also be removed at the completion of project.

Ski Town USA Ventures, LLC – Lot 39 – A circular drive has been requested similar to neighboring properties. The submitted plans for this driveway were approved.




Financials

The Financials were presented and are included with these minutes for the record. An investment schedule of maturing CD’s was also included for the Board’s information.


Other
David noted that a road repair reserved for repaving may need to be addressed by the Board and Association in the near future. The Board members discussed different ways of starting a reserve to pay for water and road improvements /repairs. Some suggestions included increasing dues by a percentage annually, acquiring financing for the funding, or giving lot owners an option of paying their portion all in one payment or using a payment plan over a period of years. Tim DePuy suggested that the water situation be identified and fixed before road repaving was addressed. It was agreed on that the present allocation of dues to build a reserve for water and or road repairs continue to be done. The Board members not present and all lot owners will be asked for input on this matter.
David asked if using a chip and seal procedure could be an alternative to be considered. Medora will obtain bids for chip and seal of the roads.



Water Update
Doug Bradfield from Civil Design Consultants joined the meeting to give an update on the water study performed by Utility Technical Services. His written notes are included with these minutes for the record. Only one minor leak was detected and it was not recommended to be repaired at this point in time. The main line from the pump house running across the road was not tested as decided by UTS. Doug asked that this year’s records be available to him so a more current evaluation of usage can be done. No overflows or water breaks have occurred this year, so the quarterly readings and pump house records may be accurate to determine what water loss is taking place. CDC will ask for UTS to come back and test the line that was not tested and compare the recent meter readings with the previous records and report their findings to the Board at the November meeting. Tim asked if one company was available to replace water pipe and repave the road at the same time. Doug stated that Native Excavating may be able to help DRHOA coordinate that kind of effort.

The next meeting is November 8, 2006 at 9:00 a.m.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,


Stephanie McDonald
Secretary for the meeting

Web site designed by Steamboat Pilot & Today and Steamboat Web Design