Sunday May 26th, 2024

 
Association Administrator
Commercial Property Group
1856 Lincoln Ave
Steamboat Springs, 80487

Phone: 1.970.879.1402
Fax: 1.970.879.7777
E-Mail: info@drhoa.org
 

 

...


click here for printer friendly version

Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association
Board of Directors
Meeting Minutes
October 17, 2013


A regular meeting of the board of directors of the Dakota Ridge Homeowners Association was held on October 17, 2013 at 8:30 a.m. in the Board Room of The Commercial Property Group, LLC at 3001 S. Lincoln, Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

Board Members: Mindy Williams
Jim Simon
Tom Valicenti


Guests: Medora Fralick
Stephanie McDonald
Tim McCarthy – Brightside Solar

The meeting was called to order at 8:30 a.m.


The first item on the agenda was the Road Report. There is nothing new to report. Mindy stated that the repainting of the road signs is almost complete except for one sign.

Under the Water Report, the repair to the water line is in progress. The water pipes on the North side are corroded and will continue to break. The new pipe is being laid on the side of the road, not underneath it. It was noted that prior boards have addressed this situation of the pipe replacement costs and how to pay for it. Tom suggested having a five year plan in place for pipe replacement. Reports with different options have been done. Medora suggested that she meet with Tom to discuss the pipe replacement reports. Jim will join the meeting also. Tom suggested doing more replacement at a time when the equipment is out in the neighborhood on line repairs. There was discussion of a possible assessment needed at some time for water line replacement.

Under the ARC report, Mindy reported work was being done at the Zopf residence. Medora stated that they did get approval for the work being done. Medora reported that she had followed up the Rasa fire pit with on onsite inspection. The fire pit has been removed as requested by the Board and a small deck is there now that was not ARC approved. This is also outside of the building envelope. After some discussion, the Board agreed to not ask for any further action of the owner’s except that in the future all changes be submitted to the ARC for approval first. Medora received a building envelope change for lot 72. They are requesting a driveway across common area also. The board has the authority to grant access over a common element. Medora stated the change of building envelope needs ARC approval and the adjacent affected lot owners must be notified and then the request comes to the board for approval. The driveway easement must receive ARC approval and then go to the Board. There was discussion of charging a fee to use the common element. Mindy stated that there would be no impact to others for the owners to use the common area. The Board asked for the association attorney to do some research on the situation approving up to $5,000 for attorney’s fees. This would include drawing up an easement also. All legal or survey expenses from the attorney would be passed onto the owners to be prepaid with no cost to the association.

Mindy made a motion to approve the building envelope change to lot 72 subject to the responses of all the notified neighbors and it was seconded by Jim. A vote was taken and all voted in favor with none opposed. The motion was approved unanimously.

A motion was made by Tom to approve a not to exceed bid to have the association’s attorney research and draw up an easement for the requested driveway for lot 72 to be presented to the board members via email for approval. In addition, the requesting party would pay the Association $5,000 for the easement. This motion was seconded by Mindy. A vote was taken with all in approval and none opposed. The motion passed unanimously.


Under Other discussion, Medora said that there had been feedback from various lot owners about the next Annual Meeting date. Many had stated that April would not be a good time. Medora will pick some dates in March and forward them to the board.

Medora presented some ideas to the Board in memory of H.C. Pace. The Board agreed to plant a tree in his memory. Tom suggested that this be presented at the memorial for H.C. The Board agreed to pay up to $500 for the tree.

Under the Financials, Medora asked if there was a need to bring in an investment advisor to look into options for the reserve money. The Board agreed that this would not be necessary at this time especially due to the pending water repair expenses.

Tim McCarthy from Brightside Solar joined the meeting. He had previously been asked to present information to the board regarding solar panels. Mindy stated that the Board in interested in getting information on solar alternatives to develop a policy for the association’s governing documents. The Board would like to explore the least invasive options as far as impact on neighbors. Tim stated that by state law, no one can be prohibited from installing solar panels. He also stated that glare is not such a big issue and that the use of black panels can be required. The board asked that Tim be hired as a consultant to come back before the board with option for solar panels and include a fee for a solar engineer. This would also include verbiage that could be included with the ARC guidelines.

Jim asked if a lien had been filed on the Heske property and if interest is being charged each month. Jim stated that Mr. Heske should receive an itemized bill each month so he is aware of what he is being charged. A $500 payment has been received on the account. Medora stated that the board was notified by email regarding a monthly $500 payment plan and was approved by email by a majority of the board members.

Jim asked for a breakdown of the Commercial Property Group administrative costs to the HOA. The association is charged an hourly fee not a flat rate. Medora will provide this information via email. Administrative costs are over budget due to extra time spent on the “chicken language” ballot.



The next meeting is Thursday, November 14, 2013.

There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 9:30 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Stephanie McDonald
Secretary for the meeting
Web site designed by Steamboat Pilot & Today and Steamboat Web Design